Septic Preservation Services have Title 5 Septic Inspections scheduled in Uxbridge, Bellingham, Blackstone and Franklin, MA today. One of these inspections is for a condominium complex with 6 units and the other inspections are for customers who are selling their homes. Although the majority of our Title 5 Inspections come from the sale of properties, there other instances when Title 5 inspections are required. The following information is in the MASS GOV website:
“When are on-site system inspections required?
- When properties are sold, divided or combined.
- When there is a change in use or an expansion of a facility.
- When MassDEP or the local Board of Health requires an inspection.
- Title 5 requires inspections for large systems, shared systems, and condominiums on a periodic basis.
- Systems located in cities and towns with MassDEP-approved inspection programs are required to comply with local inspection requirements.
There are exceptions and nuances to the general requirements listed here. For example, no inspection is required if the owner has signed an enforceable agreement with the Board of Health to upgrade the system, connect to a sanitary sewer, or connect to a shared system within two years.”
For futher information please refer to http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/massdep/water/wastewater/septic-systems-title-5.html
If you need a Title 5 Inspection or need further information please do contact our office at 877-678-4279 or visit www.septicpreservation.com