Septic Preservation Services has Septic Inspections scheduled today in Clinton, Bolton, Berlin, Stow, Hudson, Marlborough and Maynard MA. If you have a septic system it is required in Massachusetts that you have your septic inspected:
- Within 2 years before a sale. If weather conditions prevent inspection at the time of a sale, the inspection must take place within 6 months afterward.
- When there is a proposed change to the facility which requires a building or occupancy permit.
- Any change in the footprint of a building, to make sure that new building construction will not take place on top of any system components or on the system’s reserve area.
- For large systems with a design flow of 10,000 to 15,000 gallons per day or more at full build-out, on the basin schedule shown in 310 CMR 15.301(6), and every five years thereafter.
- Every 3 years for shared systems.
- When the property is divided, or ownership of 2 or more properties is combined.
- When MassDEP or the local Board of Health orders an inspection
For more information see https://www.mass.gov/guides/buying-or-selling-property-with-a-septic-system
Most of the inspections that we carry out for property owners are for people who are selling their property and need their septic to be inspected before Title transfer can take place. However what some people do not realize is that we can also carry out a septic assessment. A Property owner can hire a licensed inspector to perform Confidential Voluntary Septic Assessment of their septic system. These assessments are completed just as they would be according to the Title 5 Inspections required by the State of Massachusetts, but the findings are NOT reported to any other person, municipality or office outside of the homeowner. Once the assessment is complete, the homeowner will receive a thorough report along with an assessment of the findings and some recommendations on how to properly maintain or repair their septic system, if necessary. The recommendations provided by Septic Preservation Services are designed to increase longevity and prevent future issues, such as property damage, high cost repairs or system replacement.
In addition to the above septic inspections we also have a voluntary septic assessment scheduled for a customer today in Sharon MA.
If you require a septic inspection or voluntary septic system assessment please do contact our Norton office on 877-378-4279 or visit https://www.septicpreservation.com where we will be happy to help you.